Sunday, May 28, 2006

X-men and work

I saw the new X-men film yesterday and I must say it kicked ass. I love comic book/superhero films and this was no exception. (Actually the only exception out there is Hulk.) I also am a huge fan of Patrick Stewart and enjoy almost everything he is in. As with the previous ones, the effects were top notch. I don't know what the rating for it is in the states, but over here it is a 12A, which I found appalling. There was quite a bit of violence and swearing. Should have been a 15. They also had a big sequence in the bay area, specifically Alcatraz, so that made me smile and feel a teeny bit homesick. All I can say is Golden Gate Bridge, see it and you will know what I mean.

As for work. It is going quite well. I have been given a list of conservation jobs that I need to do or help with. So there has been a bit less patrolling, partially because of the rain lately, and more of these jobs. I like having the variety. I have also gotten to drive the electric van a couple times. That thing is so quiet. You can't even tell you have turned it on. I am hoping to remember to take my camera with me to take some pictures of myself and the heath. There is also a funfair on this weekend, as it is a bank holiday monday, but it is on a different beat than mine. I may stop by it for some donuts though. :)

Lastly, tomorrow is the big 30 for me, so everyone have a drink for me!!

No comments: