Thursday, May 11, 2006

Searching for a dead body

Okay, when I started this job I knew I would be in for seeing and doing all kinds of things and tasks. But, I didn't expect this one. I show up for work yesterday and was promptly told that all staff are searching for a possible dead body on the heath. A guy of 71 disappeared on sunday leaving his car next to the extension on the heath. He was an outpatient at the hospital and "at risk" for suicide. I spent the first few hours of working joining in the search. I, or anyone else, didn't find anything. I hope and pray that he is still alive somewhere, but time will tell.

Other than that, I did my normal litter picking and patrolling. I had to lock up the base, as I worked a late shift and was the last one there. There has been some good weather and has been a joy to be out and about outside.

No comments: