Friday, May 12, 2006

Freeview and movie recommendations

I just got myself a freeview recorder. Basically, freeview gives you access to over 40 digital channels. This is an alternative to getting cable as all you pay for is the box and you get the channels. I paid a bit more to have one with a 40gig hard drive so I can record programmes. I am highly addicted to Dr. Who and didn't want to miss one because I am working. So, I am super exicted about this.

First movie to recommend is an ealing comedy from the1940s called Kind Hearts and Coronets. It stars the late Sir. Alec Guinness. He plays 8 memebers of a royal family. It is black and white, but one that stands the test of time. Not to mention he is a brilliant actor.

The other film, which I saw today with a friend, is Mission Impossible 3. This was made this year. ;) It was really well done, much better than the first 2. It was directed by J.J. Abrams, who also co-created Lost and Alias. It really shows too, with all the twists and turns. But, it is a good mindless action flick, along the same viens as James Bond. It also uses the effects well and has good performances by the actors, especially Philip Seymour Hoffman as the baddie. He was amazing. So, go see this and prepare to be enertained.

Find out more on these films at: www.imdb.com.

No comments: