Sunday, May 21, 2006

Barbeque and Stuck In Mud

We had a barbeque at the house last night. It was most of the housmates and a few friends. There was quite a lot of food and drink, as ususal. It was great to just all get together and chat. We don't actually do it very often. I helped man the bbq. We had burgers and sausages. I also baked chocolate chip cookies and brownies for dessert. I also had to celebrate for my cousin Lauren who was having a graduation party yesterday. I obviously couldn't be there as it is all the way in Texas, but got to have a drink for her as I am quite pround of what she has achieved.

Today was mostly normal at work. At one point I got to drive the electric van. It is so quiet and smooth to drive. Unfortunately I went a way that I thought would be okay and ended up stuck in mud. Luckily we were close to one of the canteens and got help. I felt a bit of an ass for it on my first time driving. Hopefully it will be quickly forgotten. ;)

Lastly, I wanted to tell you guys my call name on the heath. I am HT8 (pronounced Hotel Tango Eight.) There are quite a lot of people, so you can imagine quite a lot of call signs. The radios have quite good distance though, I was still able to pick up transmissions way off the heath when we were delivering Heath Hands newsletters to libraries.

No comments: