Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Bird walk.

Yesterday I joined a bird watching walk on the heath. I had heard about it through a fellow volunteer. I wanted to have that information for when I work on the heath too. Basically, it was a slow walk looking at birds through binoculars. I didn't have my own, but was able to use someone else's. I have learned a number of new birds, which I still need to look up. I just always find any excuse to walk on the heath a good one, so you can imagine how I will be working there. :) The walk was organised by the Marlyebone bird watching society. They do it every tuesday.

I have also been helping out all week at the education centre with painting and papaer mache. Again, any excuse to be on the heath... I do find myself learning stuff everyday too being there. The edcuation officer is very knowledgable, so great to have a conversation with. I hope to be able to chat time to time once I do start working. She is also planning to have a grand opening of the education centre on June 10th, so I hope to be able to attend.

No comments: