Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had 2 interviews today. What are the chances? Both were for seasonal ranger postions. The first was for Hampstead Heath (my preferred one of course,) and the second was for the borough of Hackney, the same borough my course was in. Both went quite well, although to be honest I felt the Heath one went a bit better because of my passion for it. But, I did give it my all. Both interviews basically sat me down and asked me questions off a sheet. The first one had on scenario question, whereas the second had 6. The main difference is that the Heath is an open space whereas the Hackney one are in parks. And it does make a difference to the kind of job you do and people you interact with.

I wore a suit that my sister (thank you) gave me. I made one gaff and that was that I didn't realise that the legs of the trousers needed hemming and were a bit long. Also, underestimated the English weather and got caught out in the rain. Well, I do have to get used to all weather conditions for this kind of job.

So, the best part. I get home and sit down to have a chat with a good friend online. As we are chatting I get a phone call from one of the guys who interviewed me on the Heath and got offered the job!!!!! How freakin' sweet is that. They will send me the paperwork within a couple days and hopefully start real soon. I found out my patch is on the east side of the heath near kenwood house down. I know at least a couple people on that patch already, so that is amazing. I will also promise to keep people updated on how everything goes during the summer on my blog and website. But, for now, I am so going to celebrate. This is what I have worked for. Now all I have to do is get a permenant one later on. CELEBRATE, CELEBRATE, CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Congratulations. Great News.

Robin and Ali

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! Glad to hear that you got a good job that you will really enjoy. Thanks for keeping us all posted on your life's news.
~Stephanie (from AHS)