Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Norwich

I had a pretty good trip to Norwich. It takes just about 2 hours on the train from london liverpool st. I went up yesterday. My main purpose was for a conference on peak oil. It is a follow up to one I went to in October. Once I got to Norwich, I had a good amount of time to stroll around and check things out. I went to the Norwich Cathedral, which was very beatiful. The city centre is very nice, with a market in the middle. The only slight annoyance is all the high st chain shops around. But, there are still plenty independent shops. After that, I went and checked into a lovely bed and breakfast. Normally I try to stay in hostels, but there are none in Norwich. I had a room to myself, though it had to beds in it. They said I was uprgraded, not sure why. (except that I am special. :) After resting there, I made my way to the university. I was intending to eat at a pub, but had a roast at one of the restaurants on campus, which was very good and inexpensive. Then the conference. Being as eco friendly as I am, I walked everywhere there. So, at nearly 10 at night I made my way back to the b'n'b.

Today, I basically had a fantastic full english breakfast and then strolled around the city centre. I sat in the library for awhile reading to kill some time. I also stopped by the Coleman's mustard shop. I have to say this was quite amusing. I mean, a MUSTARD shop. LOL. Well, if I learned anything, it is that Coleman's mustard is made around here. Funny thing is though, I don't actually like mustard much. Now, if it had only been a ketchup shop...... ;)

After that, it was back to the train station, and home. I did have a good time, with some good weather. I have also posted pictures from my trip in my photo album which can be accessed through my website.

No comments: