Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Trip to Kew.

With my course today we took a trip to Kew Gardens. It is located in west london right on the river Thames. It is actually a lot bigger than I expected. We were there to basically take a stroll around and look at what they were doing in terms of conservation. It was quite a cold day, so we weren't too keen to hang around anywhere too long (except maybe the greenhouses where it was warm :) We actually only covered about a third of the park in total. And that took us nearly 3 hours. I imagine it to be the type of place that one needs a couple days at least to explore it all. The only sucky thing is that it cost £10 to get in, which one might not want to pay twice. I would like to go back in the summer when the flowers and trees are in full bloom. For more information please visit: http://www.rbgkew.org.uk/

On another note, I went by Hammersmith on my way and way back. This is where I lived for my first year in London at a hostel. I haven't been back there in quite awhile, and I still knew my way around. Even walked by the hostel and I wonder how I could of stayed in it that long, but needs must. Even though it isn't that far from where I live, it feels as if it is, maybe because I have come such a long way in my life from there.

No comments: