Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Education activites for half term.

This week it is half term where the kids have a week off. That means on both the heath and at abney there are activites for the kids. I have been busy helping with both. On the heath, I have been helping transform the old information centre into an education centre. The kids are helping too!! We are painting the walls, making different habitats out of paper mache and changing the signs. There will be a woodland, meadow, grassland and pond. Well, all painted or paper mached, not real water or other things from outside.

At abney, today we put up a nature trail dealing with stag beetles that the kids had simple multiple choices questions to answer. All the information was up on posters are around the site. The kids also made stag beetle and ladybird puppets in the classroom. I was there to help with the materials and with the puppets. It was all good. I think I am getting better at working with the public and hope to continue that when I am a ranger. I will write more about it at the end of the week.

No comments: