Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Smoking ban!!!!

I am well chuffed. Yesterday it was voted in a majority to ban smoking from all pubs and clubs and all public transport. I have always loved going to the pub, just hated coming away smelling like a cigarette afterward. It won't come into force until next summer, but at least it is coming. And about damn time. I know all the buisnesses are worried that they will lose a significant amount of people, and therefore buisness, but at least people's health will improve. And I hope it can help other people to quit so they can join the rest of us for a pint.

I am continuing with the half term projects. Today, the kids went on another nature trail and then made mobiles in the classroom. Some also made little drums out of ice cream tubs and coloured pastic sheets. It was all quite cute.

No comments: