Sunday, February 26, 2006

Pub crawl.

So, I did something last night that I haden't done before. A new housemate had moved in this week and she suggested going out for drinks to get to know us. I rarely would find an excuse not to go to a pub. Well, there ended up being 3 of us out of the total 8 that live here, but it was enough. So, we get to the first pub and decide to have a pint. I always get ale, it is my favourite. Although cider comes in second. She then suggested (and I might say she is very outgoing and open minded) going to a different pub. Well, we did that but got a half pint each. Then she decided she wanted to go to yet a different pub. Mind you, in england you are never short of pubs and we have quite a few around. We ended up at 5 different pubs in total. We had half pints and the rest of them as well. Suffice it to say I was pretty well pissed by the end of it. We started at 7:30 and left at 12:45. So, quite a long evening. Luckily none of us worked today so we could rest it off.

I can't say that there is a better way to get to know someone than that. Definately a welcome addition. I do love pubs. One of the great things about england that you just don't get the same of in the states. And, as stated in a previous post, from next summer they will be smoke free which is a major bonus. I don't go out to the pubs that often because not only am I tight for finances, but mostly because I don't seem to have much of anyone to go with and I don't like drinking alone. So, if any one who reads this wants to come and visit me, we will go to the pub and first round is on me!!

No comments: