Friday, September 29, 2006

Funeral for a friend

I went to a funeral for a good friend today. He was a coworker when I was at Cadbury's. His name was Joel. He and I were the ones to start the airport contract and spent a bunch of time together in the beginning of it all. We always took the piss out of work, it was a great laugh. Sadly, he didn't take care of himself to well and had a weak heart. It finally gave out on him; he was only 32.

It is interesting to me how the aspects of funerals change as you get older. You start to realise things you haden't before. Not just on how short life is, or where people are you haven't been in touch with for awhile, but things like how happy you are and what is missing to make you complelety happy. Also, if there is anyone missing in your life that you would like to be with. I guess it just puts everything in a new perspective.

Don't get me wrong, I am not being down about anything. In fact, I quite celebrate his life and was pleased to see all the coworkers I haven't seen since I left, as well as his family. I know it may sound morbid to say, but death can really bring people together. And I think that is sometimes important. Especially if the person that died lead a full and happy life. It wasn't the case with my friend, he should have been around for a much longer time, but for whatever reason, it was his time. I just hope he is happy wherever he is. He was truely a great friend and one I am very proud to have known and worked with in my life.

REST IN PEACE JOEL.

No comments: