Thursday, September 21, 2006

Move to the East Side

I have now officially moved to East Heath. I am on what is called Pond Beat. I now only have a 10 minute walk to work, how cool is that? I already know everyone on that side, so I didn't need much of an induction, just right to work. I love every part of the heath, but it is nice to have the change. There will be more litter on this part, but you gotta take the good with the bad. Lots more dogs, which I do love (well not the poop.) Now all that is left is to get something permanent, but you can bet your ass I am working on it, no rest for the wicked they say.

Work is throwing a BBQ, a goodbye for the seasonal staff. Obviously I am not leaving, but I can't turn down a good BBQ, especially with all the booze you can drink. Plus, there is an Aussie going to be cooking, and I hear there is nothing better than an Aussie BBQ. This is tomorrow evening. I do have to be careful as I do work the next day, so not too many beers. We are having an indian summer here though, it was still hot today, enough so that I took a quick dip in the pond. Now that is refreshing.

Lastly, Heath Hands took a site visit out to Burnham Beeches last saturday. It is so called because it is mostly covered with ancient Beech trees. It is another site managed by the City of London, just like the heath. They still have grazing there, so it was cool to see the animals. The best thing is to see the different managment style for different sites, it helps to bring ideas back to your own site. For more information, visit the Burnham Beeches website at:

www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/Corporation/living_environment/

Click on open spaces, and then Burnham Beeches. Be sure to take a look at the other open spaces as well, they are all so lovely.

No comments: