Monday, September 11, 2006

Wicked

I went to see an amazing play on saturday night. It is called Wicked. It is the untold story of the witches of oz. It is based on the book by Gregory Maguire. It has had a very successful run, not only on broadway, but on tour across the US and Canada. It has now opened in London for what I hope is a long run.

Everything about it was fantastic, the cast were exemplary. The audience started clapping from the beginning, and was a standing ovation at the end immediately. The set and effects were top notch, it must have cost them a pretty penny. And the music was off the wall. I was contemplating getting the soundtrack, but stuck with buying the programme. It is highly recommended to see if anyone gets the chance. I have also added a few pictures I took of the outside of the theatre and one inside of the stage, which unfortuately is a bit dark. You can check them out on my photo site under the Misc album. It really took my breath away.

The website, for more info, is www.wickedthemusical.co.uk. I am sure there is a US site as well, so it would be good to google for it. The also sell merchandise on www.wickedmerch.co.uk.

All I can say is it does what it says on the tin, it was WICKED!!!!!!

No comments: