Friday, March 17, 2006

Shelves, shelves, and more shelves. And internet.

So I was by myself at my course today, one person doesn't come in on fridays and the other was sick. I was given the task of building loads of shelves in the new stonemasoner's workshop. It amazes me how sometimes you can get a lot more done by yourself then with a group, at least in things like this. I used all sorts of tools, including a jigsaw, drill and the measuring tape (which never seemed to leave my side.) I put together quite a few of different lengths and widths. So, if any one needs some new shelves built, you know who to call.... :) We are going to have a small "taster" day of stonemasonry as well, to use the shelves and tables we have built. I think it will be quite interesting and possibly fun. I will definately report on that when it happens.

I love the internet for being able to find just about anything, whether it be old or new. My love of Hampstead Heath has led me on a search to find all things that were published about it. The local libraries have books that aren't in publication anymore, but lo and behold the internet comes to the rescue. I have found and ordered some books which would otherwise be impossible. And for a cheap price, I was quite amazed. There is alibris.com, abebooks.com (abebooks.co.uk), and allbookstores.com. Also, amazon.com or amazon.co.uk is a good place as individuals sell on there too. I do love to read, hope all of you do too. :)

No comments: