Saturday, March 25, 2006

Bog and Norwich

Today was my second session in the bog on the heath. It is one that I didn't even know was there until a couple weeks ago. There is quite a big of sphagnum moss as well as grasses and a pond. There is also a sort of spring that comes up at one point with water making its way to the pond. It is a really gorgeous area. Our main task is to rid the main area of bramble, by grubbing it from the roots. The first task I did today, however, was to wade in the pond and get out some logs that had been put in. There was one other person helping me. We put on waders and got in. Unfortunately for both of us, we got our socks soaked. For me it was because the boots seemed to leak from the foot, the other guy the water came over the top. It would have been quite funny to see us there in the water, try to walk through it. The mud at the bottem made it slow going. But, in the end it got clear and look so much better. It is the satisfation I love.

On another note, I am taking a trip up to Norwich on the 3rd of April for a Peak Oil conference. I am going to stay over at a b'n'b which is always great. Gotta love the full english breakfast. I will, of course, go up by train. Hopefully I will get to see some good sites, have to do some more research on it though. I also hope I can remember my camera to show pictures to you all.

No comments: