Saturday, August 19, 2006

Great news and work toy.


First off is to say that I got to use a cool vechicle at work. It is the roller you see on the left. It was to flatten the gravel in the yard for the cars and bikes not to slip around so much with the rain and all. You would think one would need full training, but my supervisor let me have a go. It is really easy once you get the hang of it, and I couldn't stop smiling while on it. I almost felt like a kid on one of those rides outside a supermarket that you pay a quarter for. Only a little more aware and with safety in mind. I swear this job gets better and better.


And speaking of which, I had some good news about my job. I have been asked to stay on for "as long as possible." I won't have any idea how long this is, and unfortunately it does make it more difficult to know about coming home for xmas, but be assured I will keep everyone up to date on that when things change. We all went out to the pub last night for some drinks, the first time I had been with workmates. It was a really great pub up in Highgate called The Gatehouse. I had a really nice cider from sweden that was a bit on the sweet side, but nice. I also had a small article written about me in the Heath Hands newsletter. I will eventually get a scan of it and post it so everyone can see it. It is to show my successful change from volunteer to ranger. So cool!!!

No comments: