Sunday, July 16, 2006

Slug and Dog Love

So two things happened to me while working that were amusing. I got to work on tuesday and started my normal patrol through the area called the orchard. Once I was done with that I went up to the bothy to say hello to people who were just going on lunch. I was on a late shift. As I walked in the door I start to ask one of the team leaders a question when he bursts out laughing. I look down and there was a slug on my shirt. Not only that, but it had started on my back and worked it's way over my shoulder and down the front a little ways. And I didn't even see it. Needless to say I got it off quick and washed my shirt. Looking back it was quite funny.

The next day as I am patrolling, a dog comes bounding up. They usually come up to me because of the litter stick I am carrying. They think I will throw it or something. So, naturally I don't think much but to say hello to the dog, and then it's owner. All of a sudden the owner starts calling the dogs name. I look down and s/he is proceeding to take a leak on my rubbish bag I am carrying around. I couldn't help but laugh at that one.

I think that I am really good at attracting the wild and not so wildlife. Another reason to love this job.

No comments: