Saturday, November 11, 2006

Life on the heath

A few things to note as of late. Firstly, one of the lifeguards is somewhat of a resident chef as well. He is from Maritius and makes curries and the sort. I finally had one of his creations. It was beef sausage and turkey bacon in a tomato sauce with mushrooms, onion, garlic and coriander. It was served on rice with a piece of crusty bread. And this was at 10:30am!! It is great to work on the heath.

There was a film shot entirely on the heath call Scenes of a sexual nature. It was released last friday and I went and saw it. I thought it was really well done, and the heath used to its full brilliance. It was a very low budget film, but I felt it was true to life. I recommed looking it up and checking it out if you can.

Lastly, and sadly, I came across two dead animals yesterday. The first was a crow, which my colleague took care of. The second was a cat. A member of the public alerted it to me. I had to take it and bury it. I couldn't tell if it was a stray or not, but it didn't have a collar. Poor kitty. I gave it a fitting burial though. Unfortunately, finding dead animals is part of the job. At least we take care of it properly. It is all part of life.

No comments: