Sunday, January 07, 2007

Spamalot pt 2

I went and saw Spamalot yersterday as planned. Well, sort of. I got the the theatre to pick up my ticket for the matinee and saw a sign saying someone else was playing King Arthur instead of Tim Curry. Well, I really wanted to see him in it. So, I asked if he was still playing at the 8pm show. They said he was and they had one ticket left in a box seat, which has a restricted view. I asked if I could trade, but they said all I could do was have them try and sell off my matinee ticket. So, I went with it. I went out and used my time until I could come back after the matinee. Well, luckily they sold my ticket. I had chinese food with a friend, and off to the evening performance. I laughed my ass off. I haven't laughed that much in a long time. Tim Curry was amazing in the role, and it turned out to be his last performance. So, the cast gave him flowers and the end and all. I would say I laughed even more than watching the movie. I loved the music so much I bought the CD afterwards. The set was beautiful and the costumes and props were dead on perfect. The box I was in was next to one of the speakers, but it didn't bother me. I sat with 2 other people in the box who were really nice and even gave me a recommendation for another play.

I can't recommend this enough. It is currently playing in New York, London, Las Vegas and a US tour. If you get a chance to see this, GO. This should be mandatory for everyone. And dress up too, it adds to the experience.

Oh yea, almost forgot. They were selling a limited edition of SPAM with stinky french garlic. It is made in finland with chinese garlic. :) They were selling it at the gift shop. They were also selling SPAM sandwiches. What a riot. It all was hilarious. GO SEE IT!!

No comments: